Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies win another thriller. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the important 4 points but rest assured Fly wouldn’t have liked a lot of what he saw today. BUT I think the bye has come at the perfect time and he’ll cut the players some slack for the arduous program and missing stars that we’ve had to endure. We’re set up beautifully now for the second half of the season.

Last edited by Damien on Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:14 pm

I'm not sure I can recall a game where so many people were cut at the result?

In all my life, I really cant pin a game. Namely, the commentators and the supporters of the other clubs. Their comments are truly pathetic. I get it, you want Collingwood to lose. I understand. But after the siren, why feel the need to get on the socials and dribble shit like a cut little turd?

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:16 pm

Everyone has a theory for why the game turned it out like it did and some are way more plausible than others. Can’t really complain about the forwards but the mids were belted and that placed pressure on our defence. Today we were exposed for having no B team midfield that coped with the pressure. MacRae and Sullivan were exposed a bit under immense pressure and even Lipinski ( who set the tone by being totally unaware of his surroundings in the opening minute ) was off the pace. We missed that DEEP, QUALITY midfield that allows you to still win around the middle when the A team is resting. All clubs have injuries but today the loss of DeGoey, Pendles and Mitchell really showed our need for the addition of another quality mid or two next year. Sidey wound back the clock in the second half and McCreery did a solid job in an unfamiliar role on L D U but if we’re going to avoid catch up footy, we’re going to need all our senior and experienced midfielders back much sooner than later.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:22 pm

Damien wrote:
Got the important 4 points but rest assured Fly wouldn’t have liked a lot of what he saw today.
BUT I think the bye has come at the perfect time and he’ll cut the players some slack for the arduous program and missing stars that we’ve had to endure.

We’re set up beautifully now for the scene half of the season.

True true...

Just sit them all down for the standard forensic dissection video of the game early in week, lay down any home truths, then just let them decompress, lick their wounds and come back refreshed next week with a bit more spring in their step.

It's somewhat of a rough ride towards September, in a marathon, not a sprint.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:26 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I'm not sure I can recall a game where so many people were cut at the result?

In all my life, I really cant pin a game. Namely, the commentators and the supporters of the other clubs. Their comments are truly pathetic. I get it, you want Collingwood to lose. I understand.
But after the siren, why feel the need to get on the socials and dribble shit like a cut little turd?

Yeah cry us a river you whiny little bitches; 2023 flag still hurts doesn't it?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:36 pm

Yes, people left early, weirdly fans from both teams, started in a packed medallion club area, 2nd row just to the left of our goals. Gees not many fans on the other side of the ground.

First minute, awesome, last 2 min, scary but awesome. Gees do we play there anymore this year? Got msg poisoning from lunch, shouted the friend who got us tickets for her birthday, too many roo supporters around us, that got awful music after each goal, and it’s like a fricken ice bucket, and I had fleece lined boots and a magpie oldie jacket zipped up! Footscrayrdwas closed, getting there and home took forever!

It’s not just umpire calls each way, it’s where and what they are. Sick of other teams getting paid marks for way less than 15 metre kicks. The one where the roo did an Oscar worthy Olympic dive over the fence and L kicked a goal, Nick was tripped, Beau smashed into next week, Nick held, that’s not tagging, that’s holding, someone else got smacked in the head, none of these got us a free kick. 2 roossmacked heads, one clearly dazed, not taken off. Talk about trying to get a fairytale win! Before the game they were putting up norf premiership stuff, and I thought, uh oh, hope the umps don’t buy in.

Yes we played crap for a lot of it, the 7 senior players missing really noticeable, and the ones on the ground needed a rest from helping the kids. Moving frampton, oh thank god!

I thought more and jaicos were out of sorts, but atleast they had touches.

In saying all that, who thefuck comes back from 54 points down? Considering all the above, I’m stoked to be smiling not crying! A weeks rest, get a couple of players back, we are coming, be afraid!

Regardless of the so called missed free/50, it wasn’t, he played on, there is no Guarantee he kicks a goal. They couldn’t defend a 54 point lead!

Go pies!

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:45 pm

Watching the second half again without the “game thread goggles” on.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is just how versatile this group is. How many different options do we have to get the job done?
Frampton swinging fwd and back like a dunny door on curry night.
Howe fwd. Daicos fwd, half back etc.
Then the master stroke was sidey into the middle.
New one is McReery tagging in the middle (he’s no mid).

Just means we have more levers to pull when things aren’t going our way.

Nearly 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:47 pm

lazzadesilva wrote:
Said by Zed wrote:
BTW those baying for Sideys blood game after game STFU and pay credit to a superstar warrior! Awesome Sidey!

They don’t mean it, just comments in the heat of the game. Miraculous win but it shouldn’t have been that close had we kicked better and the umpires hadn’t manufactured the tense finish.

Please. Umpires do not manufacture anything. Like the Norf fans tonight saying they was robbed, every losing team’s fans every week including ours say it was umpires. It almost almost never is.

Everyone concentrates on a few contentious decisions late. There are a hundred decisions earlier that may have meant the game never got into that position.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:08 pm

Watching the replay, Sidey’s third quarter was huge.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:15 pm

Haff wrote:
Watching the second half again without the “game thread goggles” on.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned is just how versatile this group is. How many different options do we have to get the job done?
Frampton swinging fwd and back like a dunny door on curry night.
Howe fwd. Daicos fwd, half back etc.
Then the master stroke was sidey into the middle.
New one is McReery tagging in the middle (he’s no mid).

Just means we have more levers to pull when things aren’t going our way.

Yeah when those moves work it’s great but when it’s not working that’s when the critics come out.

Landers 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:19 pm
Post subject: Re: "misery loves company"Reply with quote

Haff wrote:
Landers wrote:

You have a point, but so did the people you quoted at the points they did, there is absolutely no point in happy clapping!

Happy clapping is my new favourite term.

It’s true though isn’t it?
How bad do we look as a fan base thinking 9 goals down is a good thing, sometimes we have to call it as we see it, and in the heat of the moment things get said, let’s not get too precious about our club, we are allowed to have a swipe and let off steam.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:31 pm

One of the craziest matches I've ever seen. A significant match in the historical sense with it being our greatest comeback since 1970, and the 2nd biggest comeback in the club's history.

Credit to North Melbourne. I thought they were absolutely superb, especially in the first half. Completely dominated us in key areas and didn't allow us to play our natural game. Didn't expect them to produce a performance of this magnitude, but their supporters will have reason to feel optimistic about the future with some great talent in the ranks, namely Sheezel and Wardlaw among others.

The first half looked structurally out of whack. Larkey dominated Moore, and I think the time to shift Frampton down back should have occurred at Quarter Time rather than Half Time, but better late than never. Our mids got smashed and overpowered, and I think that's the main reason why Fin was substituted at Half Time because he was one of the worst performers in the middle where we were getting killed. North's pressure rating was 204 which is well above the league average, so you can see why they were scoring heavily in the first half.

Given North Melbourne was the opponent and the bottom team on the ladder, I never gave up hope we could mount a huge comeback because of our reputation in the past two years but I didn't think we'd be stretching it out for as long as we did.

The bye has come at a good time to regroup and refresh. We've done extremely well to mitigate the loss of our experienced players (i.e. Pendles, Mihocek, De Goey, Elliott etc.) but today was almost a tipping point for us.

Very happy to be sitting in the top 4. This sets us up well to attack the back half of the season with hopefully our experienced players to start returning.

Quincy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:48 pm

masoncox wrote:
I think Framp should stay back.
Maybe move The captain to the backflank.
Amazing win.
As I said in the pregame thread TJ is too light to play this year.
He will be a good player in the next few years.

Our skipper is too slow to be a flanker. Perhaps we give him a spell in the VFL once our good players return which might be a wake up call. Pendles will return and he can be captain again. Anyone who saw the GF last year knows he is the real leader anyway. IQ is another one who needs a spell in the VFL, he has had a shocking season. Our defence is a worry.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:12 pm

Damien wrote:
After all the ‘get out of jail’ wins this incredible team has produced in the last 2 years, why would any Collingwood supporter with half a brain leave a game at 3qtr time?

We’re NEVER out of it. Proved it again today.

Exactly. It's been arguably the most enjoyable two years we've ever had as a supporter group. Why would you want to miss a minute of the twists and turns that come with it.

2022 = 17th to 3rd. 11 consecutive wins. 1 point shy of a GF spot.
2023 = PREMIERS!
2024 = Start 0-3 and then work our way back into the season. Experience our greatest comeback win since 1970.

It's crazy how some supporters underestimate the power of self-belief we have as a team. I never write this team off no matter the circumstances. You know they'll go down fighting whatever happens.

Landers 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:38 pm

Jezza wrote:
^

I doff my cap to you sir, I thought we were gone but you were one of the never say die brigade 🌈
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14   

Jump to: