Levi Greenwood - selects the Pies

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Lazza

Post by Lazza »

jackcass wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Little Wonder wrote:A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, I think sometimes we try too hard to get the utopian deal and meantime the players get sick of the haggling and get better offers. This seems like it might be the case with Greenwood and was probably why Clark chose the cats
Not too sure as yet about Levi Greenwood but I share your views about the reason we lost Clark from choosing us. We piss farted around too much.
According to....
An article I read last week in the Age.

I know its not gospel (and it may have been absolute bloody bullshit AFAIK) but that was where I got that information from Daz.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

John Wren wrote:
Little Wonder wrote:A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, I think sometimes we try too hard to get the utopian deal and meantime the players get sick of the haggling and get better offers. This seems like it might be the case with Greenwood and was probably why Clark chose the cats
it was reported in one of the dailies that we took a long time to complete the due dilligence and get back to clark. in that time, he wandered over to geelong.
Yeah, THIS^^^^^^^
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:
John Wren wrote:
it was reported in one of the dailies that we took a long time to complete the due dilligence and get back to clark. in that time, he wandered over to geelong.
Yeah, THIS^^^^^^^
Or maybe we were being thorough and Geelong were more willing to take a punt...
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Reports he is doing a Mitch Clark
I am Da Man
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

What going to Geelong or staying at North?
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

swoop42 wrote:What going to Geelong or staying at North?
Getting mighty bloody restless while Collingwood pissfarts around commiting to him.... :roll:
Harvey

Post by Harvey »

Lazza wrote:
Getting mighty bloody restless while Collingwood pissfarts around commiting to him.... :roll:
It's been like 2 days since he announced he wanted to come to us. If he can't even wait 2 days then not sure we want such uncommitted players at our club? He took longer than this to make up his mind that he wanted to come to us.
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

i don't think you'd change your mind after 2 days. you have to have more staying power than that.

As for Clark, I read he chose Geelong because his partner is studying medicine and she could ONLY get in at Deakin.
Geek

Post by Geek »

Lazza wrote:
Don't worry Lazza. Pies are committed to him. Eade has mentioned we would like to get him. Seen it written that North thinks he is worth a 2nd rounder. Everyone else seems to agree. The only question seems to be "which 2nd rounder" and that relies on what we get for H and Beams

Is why I like the idea of shutting out Brisbane after Friday. One less obstacle in getting the other trades done
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Geek wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Don't worry Lazza. Pies are committed to him. Eade has mentioned we would like to get him. Seen it written that North thinks he is worth a 2nd rounder. Everyone else seems to agree. The only question seems to be "which 2nd rounder" and that relies on what we get for H and Beams

Is why I like the idea of shutting out Brisbane after Friday. One less obstacle in getting the other trades done
If it's a 2nd round pick probably better to get it done while we only have ours to offer. That way we get to keep the upgrades.
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Don't believe what you read, IMO we've had a sit down with North and they've requested a lowish 20s pick, we told them no worries but we need to sort this Beams shit out first, hence why we put a time frame on it.

If Greenwood changes his mind so be it, our hands are tied ATM.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

jackcass wrote:
Geek wrote:
Lazza wrote: Getting mighty bloody restless while Collingwood pissfarts around commiting to him.... :roll:

If it's a 2nd round pick probably better to get it done while we only have ours to offer. That way we get to keep the upgrades.
North know we likely have more picks coming, so they won't be rushing.

Even more reason to insist on the Lions giving us a player, not picks. North can get our current second rounder or what we get for Lumumba.
Well done boys!
Siceman

Post by Siceman »

Norf will wait as long as possible, if it means he might change his mind. Out of our control to a degree.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Could he be part of the Beams Trade?
I am Da Man
Stinger

Post by Stinger »

Dave The Man wrote:Could he be part of the Beams Trade?
No - the two trades should be kept separate.

However I could see it part of the Melbourne deal to move on Lumumba.