decent new TV series

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Utopia, ABC (on ABC 2 tonight) - the D Gen folk - very, very good. If anyone one has worked in the public service before or not this is a cracker of a show.

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/utopia ... 00#playing
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

watt price tully wrote:Utopia, ABC (on ABC 2 tonight) - the D Gen folk - very, very good. If anyone one has worked in the public service before or not this is a cracker of a show.

How does it stack up with Frontline and The Hollowmen? Both brilliant shows by the same crew.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

FLASH season 2 starts on fox 8 next week and also they've got Arrow season 4 :D

Already set the season record on the IQ. :D

Oh oh oh, just realised both Supergirl and legends of tomorrow are also going to be on Fox 8. :D

Someone call a seamstress or tailor, the zip on my jeans is broken. :oops:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Wokko wrote:
watt price tully wrote:Utopia, ABC (on ABC 2 tonight) - the D Gen folk - very, very good. If anyone one has worked in the public service before or not this is a cracker of a show.

How does it stack up with Frontline and The Hollowmen? Both brilliant shows by the same crew.
Equally good IMO. Worth watching on iView if you get the chance
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

Yep like watching a factual documentary - so real it is frightening - but still really funny - Rob Sitch is getting better with age - brilliant 👍
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Not really a new series anymore but keep forgetting to post in here.

Anyone watching Ray Donovan? Series 3 just finished. I love love love this show. Can't believe I have to wait til next year to watch again.

Didn't really know anything about Liev Schreiber before this, other than being Naomi Watts' partner. He's awesome as Ray. Wouldn't want to mess with him!
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Never heard of it, have to check it out ta.

Not loving fear the walking dead, don't know why, it needs a Daryl or something! No personality. I've got it set to record, so will give it a bit more of a go.

I bought the first season of better call Sol on a whim. Started a bit slow, but then wham! Had to stay on the treadmill for the first 15 min of the second episode to see what happened! Funny, black humour, and exciting ! I'm assuming it's written by the same team that wrote breaking bad, which IMO is still the greatest series ever made.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

Definitely check it out. After first couple episodes I was a bit unsure but so glad I continued. Series 1 & 2 are pretty racy in places (plenty of sex & boobs) but all in context. Jon Voigt is also in it, Katie Holmes is in series 3. Just such a good show. I reckon you'll enjoy it.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

I've just downloaded season 1.

Outside of Breaking Bad not generally into shows were the main character is a bit of bad guy.

Sopranos was well and truly over before I got around to viewing, SOA about 5 seasons in.

Shows like Dexter and The Shield I've never seen and don't really intend to.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I'm trying to decide whether to download season 4 of Clarko's Cluster or whether I'll just wait for it to come on FTA.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

I watched the first episode of American Horror Story Hotel, it's been very interesting. It lacks Jessica Lange, but its not been too bad. I like they're doing the backstory type thing again at least for this episode.

I really like Kathy Bates in this show, she's been pretty good. Matt Bomer's character isnt too bad. He's a detective. I won't post any spoilers though.

But this reminds me a bit of how they did Murder House.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Watched the first 3 seasons of Ray Donovan and thoroughly enjoyed them.

TP I think this show is right up your back alley.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

I see what u did there!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

swoop42 wrote:Watched the first 3 seasons of Ray Donovan and thoroughly enjoyed them.

TP I think this show is right up your back alley.
You only downloaded season 1 on Oct 3, now you've watched them all?? :shock: Do you sleep? Or eat? Wow, impressed!

It is an awesome show.
HAL

Post by HAL »

Are there any other awesome show ?