More states legalize Pot 8) when for Oz?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

When will it be legal here?

Within 2 years
19%
2-5 years
13%
6-10 years
6%
11-20 years
31%
It'll never happen
31%

Total votes: 16

Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Just wondering if anyone here has tried it (ice)
I haven’t and I don’t think i will
stui magpie
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

I haven't and no chance I will, I've seen what it does.

My son's now ex got him onto it, she reckoned she had ADHD and took ritalin as a kid, so it didn't do much to her except help focus. That didn't work well for her at all, apart from DHHS taking her son and giving him to his father (my son) she's apparently now needing Dialysis.

My son quit but it took a toll on his mental health for a while. Anxiety attacks, hair trigger temper and other things. He's organised now but it took a couple of years and he needs to have a preventative routine to manage if he starts to feel off and he can't drink caffeine anymore.

Cnut of a drug, no such thing as a social Ice user
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by Skids »

I found this a fascinating fact.....

Reports Claim Bisexuals Smoke the Most Cannabis. Is There Any Truth to It?

Three times more than other communities, with 38% of bisexual women reporting using cannabis compared to just 20% of lesbians and 5% of straight women. Researchers who have studied the subject, from Canada to the United States and Australia, agree on the fact that bi-women smoke the most. But that’s about the only concrete conclusion researchers have been able to draw.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/repo ... t-cannabis
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Skids

Post by Skids »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:Just wondering if anyone here has tried it (ice)
I haven’t and I don’t think i will
The shit first hit the streets here around 2000.
I was in a partnership with 2 other blokes in a very profitable plumbing business. Had an income double what I'm on now. One of the partners was also involved in some other 'businesses' too. You know, the old 1% crew.

Anyway, I had always wanted to try Charlie and old mate said he could organize some.
We were having a few beers in the Daicos Bar with the wives one Friday after work and he pulls out this bag of, what I thought was charlie. Crushes it up and we snort a few racks. Wow wee, felt like a knitting needle was being shoved up your nose!

It wasn't until a few weeks later, when I asked him to get some more, that I found out what it actually was. Nobody was smoking it initially, snorting was the norm.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Skids wrote:...
I was in a partnership with 2 other blokes in a very profitable plumbing business. Had an income double what I'm on now. One of the partners was also involved in some other 'businesses' too. You know, the old 1% crew.
Why are you not in that plumbing partnership now? Did the other two decide to make the sideline business their main business?
Skids

Post by Skids »

K wrote:
Skids wrote:...
Why are you not in that plumbing partnership now? Did the other two decide to make the sideline business their main business?
:lol: It's a long story, and not really one for the VP tav..... I just got my sig rites back and dropped a yellow card. Have you ever been carded here? They are funking brutal! :wink:
K

Post by K »

Can a psychedelic drug save the terminally ill from their deepest fears of death?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/vict ... 51ysf.html

"The trial is part of a revolutionary shift in attitudes towards psychedelic drugs believed to have therapeutic benefits for treatment-resistant depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and even commonplace addiction to alcohol or tobacco. Half a century after Woodstock, several illegal recreational substances are being recast as drugs of last resort, from psilocybin, marijuana and MDMA to ayahuasca, a psychedelic plant-based tea from the Amazon. ...

Psilocybin, with its famed capacity to induce mystical experiences, is the focus of worldwide clinical trials. This compound, found in more than 100 species of fungi and once revered by the Aztecs who named it "flesh of the gods", is at the vanguard of attempts to tackle the despair and anguish of imminent death among the terminally ill."
K

Post by K »

Bomber Thompson said in court '... he was also tempted to try LSD but "didn't have the guts".
"Ice, that's it really," he said.'

:shock:

Isn't ice worse than LSD?
Skids

Post by Skids »

K wrote:Bomber Thompson said in court '... he was also tempted to try LSD but "didn't have the guts".

Well, I don't know if it's worse... maybe for its addictive properties and subsequent behaviour changes, yes.

LSD.. acid, trips, whatever you want to call them are pretty scary too!

Not a very popular or common drug these days, was around a bit in the late 80's, early 90's but seemed to fade out of fashion at the start of the new millennium.

Had a few in my late teens. You never knew what you were going to get. There were; Red Dragons, Micro Dots and plenty of other 'names'

A real clever selling thing were the 'Walls' they came in a sheet of however many you wanted and they looked like the album cover - Pink Floyd - The Wall. These were also very powerful!

We went down south on a surfing trip once. 10 of us, we hired a Landcruiser Troopy and off we went. Smoking a few joints of course during the trip.
After a surf and feed one morning, Old mate pulls out some of these trips and starts cutting up the bricks. I didn't really want to have one, but after being threatened with being held down and it forced down my throat, I slipped it under my tongue. Not keen on the idea, I took it out and slipped it in my wallet the first chance I got... it didn't matter, the acid was at work.

I had a horrible experience that day... and night. Hallucinations, panic attacks, and I got stranded on a cliff face, which I was terrified to try and get down from... I held onto a tree for hours.

Not a fun time at all.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

Skids wrote:
K wrote:Bomber Thompson said in court '... he was also tempted to try LSD but "didn't have the guts".

Well, I don't know if it's worse... maybe for its addictive properties and subsequent behaviour changes, yes.

Not a very popular or common drug these days, was around a bit in the late 80's, early 90's but seemed to fade out of fashion at the start of the new millennium.

Had a few in my late teens. You never knew what you were going to get. There were; Red Dragons, Micro Dots and plenty of other 'names'

A real clever selling thing were the 'Walls' they came in a sheet of however many you wanted and they looked like the album cover - Pink Floyd - The Wall. These were also very powerful!

We went down south on a surfing trip once. 10 of us, we hired a Landcruiser Troopy and off we went. Smoking a few joints of course during the trip.
After a surf and feed one morning, Old mate pulls out some of these trips and starts cutting up the bricks. I didn't really want to have one, but after being threatened with being held down and it forced down my throat, I slipped it under my tongue. Not keen on the idea, I took it out and slipped it in my wallet the first chance I got... it didn't matter, the acid was at work.

I had a horrible experience that day... and night. Hallucinations, panic attacks, and I got stranded on a cliff face, which I was terrified to try and get down from... I held onto a tree for hours.

Not a fun time at all.
was that real or part of the trip????

thats damn terrifying, what kind of friends do you have!! this and the turtles, im just gobsmacked! awful stuff.

ive had a couple of puffs of weed, hubby had a tree of it growing in the back yard, i made him get rid of it when my mum remarked on his green thumb! the bloody thing was 6 feet tall!

ive never tried anything else. my sister gave me a cigarette when i was about 15, and it was disgusting, i still remember thinking WTF would you do this! i was absolutely paralytic a few years back, and had a mouth full of them apparently!! ive never been that drunk since!!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I think Skids post should explain it for you, "worse" is the wrong question as they have very different effects.

Ice is meth amphetamine based so it's a stimulant, LSD is an hallucinogenic. For someone like Thompson who would be used to and like being in control of situations, I can understand why he would say he didn't have the guts to try something mind bending.
Skids

Post by Skids »

think positive wrote:
Skids wrote:

Not a fun time at all.
was that real or part of the trip????

thats $$%^%%$ terrifying, what kind of friends do you have!! this and the turtles, im just gobsmacked! awful stuff.

ive had a couple of puffs of weed, hubby had a tree of it growing in the back yard, i made him get rid of it when my mum remarked on his green thumb! the bloody thing was 6 feet tall!

ive never tried anything else. my sister gave me a cigarette when i was about 15, and it was disgusting, i still remember thinking WTF would you do this! i was absolutely paralytic a few years back, and had a mouth full of them apparently!! ive never been that drunk since!!
Not any of those anymore TP. We were 17. Haven't seen any of that crew for 30 years.

The turtles? You mean the way they are killed and eaten by the Aborignal mob? I was just fishing with some work colleagues from Argyle.

I hate it as much as you do. I hate the fact that, because of 'rights', aborignal people can hunt and kill anything, anytime they want. Fish out of season, Marron/yabbies, goanna, abalone .... anything!
That's fair enough if they genuinely live on the land, not if they're rocking up in a Landcruiser with all the nasty white fellas hunting equipment.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 85 times

Post by think positive »

true, i know people in the US who hunt to eat,

but chucking them on the fire is just cruelty of the highest order, i could never stand by and watch that
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Skids

Post by Skids »