The 2021 Great Big Consolidated Trade & Draft thread

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1 ... _&ref_url=

To pinch exciting forward Bobby Hill, Collingwood would almost certainly need to dip into its Nick Daicos fund.
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Pies2016 wrote:Would easily take Ginnivan ahead of Hill. Ginnivan is still 18 and already averages more goals a game than Hill. We do need pace but I would prefer it up the ground, just as I prefer goal kickers in the forward line.
Let’s just take a breath and save our pennies for the PSD where trades aren’t required. After delistings and the draft, the club will have a better understanding of whatever holes still need to be filled.
Our forward line could easily accommodate both Hill and Ginnivan. McCreery is the one I would have missing out. He doesn't have the pace that Hill has. A forward line consisting of Henry Mihocek Ginnivan and Hill Kreuger Cameron starts to give us some shape in the forward line going into the future (not sure how long Elliot is going to last).
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:Not sure what sier Thomas rantall etc have to do with trading for Hill. None of them have any currency on the trade table

Hill is 21 and has done his apprenticeship and has proven skill.
He should be about to blossom as a footballer.
He is worth a 2nd and 3rd rounder.
110% In good conscience, if GWS were keen. you'd offload 6 players superfluous to needs (Eg. Thomas, Madgen, Cox etc..) for Bobby Hill.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

inxs88 wrote:
Pebbles Rocks wrote:Not sure what sier Thomas rantall etc have to do with trading for Hill. None of them have any currency on the trade table

Hill is 21 and has done his apprenticeship and has proven skill.
He should be about to blossom as a footballer.
He is worth a 2nd and 3rd rounder.
110% In good conscience, if GWS were keen. you'd offload 6 players superfluous to needs (Eg. Thomas, Madgen, Cox etc..) for Bobby Hill.
I would. You see in the Grand Finals the match winners make all the difference. Hill will kick you goals in a grand final. The others will contribute during the home and away but won't do anything in a grand final.
Geek

Post by Geek »

Has Chugg been re-signed? I can't see any info on it anywhere
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Trade Radio and Fox Footy would of Loved last 2 days of Trade Period with Just the Lipinski Trade Getting Done.

So they can have a Huge Final Day of Trade Period.

Would not Shock me IF Trade Radio and Fox Footy told Clubs to Stop Finalising Trades in last 2 Days so have a Big last day
I am Da Man
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

jackcass wrote:https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1447748546770268165?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1447748546770268165%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

To pinch exciting forward Bobby Hill, Collingwood would almost certainly need to dip into its Nick Daicos fund.
I pass on Hill Then
I am Da Man
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

If we got Hill, it would be a trifecta of wins

Kreuger is the KPF
Lippi the onballer
Hill the small crumbing forward

Daicos aside, just looking at these 3 for a moment.

None are All Australians, none are established key players, but we agree all 3 fit the criteria of list need and all 3 are in the right age bracket.

From here we adopt 'philosophy of continuous improvement'.

If Lynch goes, we need to recruit an uber tall developing young Ruck to keep and then trade for a 4th rounder in 5 years.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:If we got Hill, it would be a trifecta of wins

Kreuger is the KPF
Lippi the onballer
Hill the small crumbing forward

Daicos aside, just looking at these 3 for a moment.

None are All Australians, none are established key players, but we agree all 3 fit the criteria of list need and all 3 are in the right age bracket.

From here we adopt 'philosophy of continuous improvement'.

If Lynch goes, we need to recruit an uber tall developing young Ruck to keep and then trade for a 4th rounder in 5 years.
I can tall you know we are NOT getting Hill in this Trade Period
I am Da Man
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

Did GW tell you that directly Dave?!
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Presti35
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

jackcass wrote:https://twitter.com/superfooty/status/1447748546770268165?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1447748546770268165%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

We cant be doing that. But Daics will be with us regardless.

If Essendon offer a future 2nd and GWS accept it, then that's that. All we can offer is 27 and maybe a player like Sier.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

[quote="burnsy17"]Did GW tell you that directly Dave?!
I am Da Man
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

There's potential that Jarrod Brander from the Wiggles could become a delisted free agent. Any interest?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

stui magpie wrote:There's potential that Jarrod Brander from the Wiggles could become a delisted free agent. Any interest?
I would not be against getting him for Free or DFA
I am Da Man
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

[quote="Dave The Man"][quote="burnsy17"]Did GW tell you that directly Dave?!
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!