Moderator: bbmods

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Duplicate....
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

jackcass wrote:Good luck to Bear. Will remain an unfulfilled talent from my perspective. Hopefully he gets another chance elsewhere, maybe even our VFL squad.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... nd-rantall
Nah, I'm not on board with delisting Sier; totally unnecessary.
We haven't enough strong bodied mids on the list, even allowing for Lippy.
He deserved at least one year under McFly to see if he could recapture the form which brought him to senior selection in 2018.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

So you reward a player with another contract when he hasn’t done anything in the last two years?
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

Better off selecting Constable as a DFA replacement for Sier. Similar player but more committed to the cause and squeezed out due to depth at cats. Also given Taylor Adams year by year propensity to miss 5-7 games with leg issues, may be valuable in protecting the less hardened bodies of our youth.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
RudeBoy
Been liked: 73 times

Post by RudeBoy »

piedys wrote:
jackcass wrote:Good luck to Bear. Will remain an unfulfilled talent from my perspective. Hopefully he gets another chance elsewhere, maybe even our VFL squad.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... nd-rantall
Nah, I'm not on board with delisting Sier; totally unnecessary.
We haven't enough strong bodied mids on the list, even allowing for Lippy.
He deserved at least one year under McFly to see if he could recapture the form which brought him to senior selection in 2018.
I sympathise with your view Dyso old son, but in all honesty, Sier has had 5 yrs to show that he is committed enough to become an AFL player. Macrae, Poulter, McCreery, Henry and Bianco showed more commitment in one year than the Bear did in 5yrs. It's a shame, but that's how it is.
think positive
Has liked: 212 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by think positive »

truth!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

I like the look of constable and I agree with keeping Sier for another year under a different coach could have turned him around, but che sera sera
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Hmmmm, nothing I've seen of the guy suggests Constable is in any way an upgrade on Sier. And he's slow which is the last thing we need in our midfield.
E

Post by E »

magpieazza wrote:I like the look of constable and I agree with keeping Sier for another year under a different coach could have turned him around, but che sera sera
no tank. never bothered to get one. Cost us the 2018 grand final. No coach can fix that.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Rd10.1998_11.1#36 »

I’m reminded of the days when Chrissy Tarrant seemed more interested in his off-season surfing trips than footy
SteveH67

Post by SteveH67 »

Sad to see him gone.

Always hoped he would take the next step after his breakout 2018 form.

I am sure he will get picked up elsewhere though.
Social club member 7342 since 2000.
piedys

Post by piedys »

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:So you reward a player with another contract when he hasn’t done anything in the last two years?
I know what you are saying, but...
Let's at least acknowledge there have been much fewer VFL games played from 2020-2021, for obvious reasons.
So I think this is the variable where I give him the benefit of the doubt - how was he suppose to improve his tank when he couldn't run the vehicle?
All VFL players in that boat; thrown to the wolves at AFL level for last two seasons due to tight scheduling in 2020, and expected to step up to AFL standard without being able to grind out their fitness in the reserves.
And you can only amass so much fitness at training, the rest needs to be on the field at either level, week in week out.

So yes, I thought a one year contract was going to happen for him, based on his size, ability, and that word - potential.
I expected McFly to sit him down and say 2022 is your make or break year.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:I’m reminded of the days when Chrissy Tarrant seemed more interested in his off-season surfing trips than footy
Tarrant had more talent his his little finger than this bloke ever did; worse first pick ever
piedys

Post by piedys »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:Tarrant had more talent his his little finger than this bloke ever did; worse first pick ever
Hine strikes again; not Sier's fault he got taken at that pick...
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

The usual thing where perceived potential does not match actual achievement. Harsh to blame Hine for Sier being a lazy kid who wasn’t prepared to put in the work needed to play at AFL level. More fool Sier.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!