#23 Bobby Hill

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

McStay, he and Frampton don't exactly have thrilling numbers but in Wright we trust.
Get back on top.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

Hill had cancer so but more of a pick on potential. Numbers can’t take that into account.
McStay fixes a glaring issue with Checkers up forward but I’d also like to draft a KPF. Hoping that is the Grundy compensation.
Roughy wasn’t exactly smashing it when we got him over, on the outer at the dogs but was enormous for us. Hoping Frampton is that.
Add Mitchell for a second rounder and we are top 4 with hopefully less close games next season!

Edit: apparently Frampton was smashing it at state level and pulled together a few good games.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Yeah Bobby had cancer treatment and had to get his fitness back up. Also not enjoying footy at GWS. Like I said previously, he’ll thrive with the culture we now have at Collingwood.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

I don’t think that he is worth more than a 3rd pick.
He is an ok player at best at this stage of his career.
- Side By Side -
The General
Has liked: 3 times

Post by The General »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Ok, so he's almost a Magpie. He needs a nickname. I'm first! It has to be Benny..
Actually Bobby is his nickname. His real first name is Ian.
slangman
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Bruce Gonsalves wrote:Ok, so he's almost a Magpie. He needs a nickname. I'm first! It has to be Benny..
Especially if he’s running rings around the opposition
- Side By Side -
Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

Comparison between Hill & Pickett. Not the same level but my guess is we want to use him in the same role - high pressure, speedy, goal sense. We actually don’t have this player at the moment, so I think it’s a good move.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ ... 2=S&type=A
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 86 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.afl.com.au/news/851943/gian ... t-of-work-

Jaosn McCartney, the Football Manager at GWS, says he's been speaking with Graham Wright over the last 10 days and that he's "not expecting any trouble getting a deal done this year". They want a second-round pick, it seems.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

90 nice wrote:Problem is small forward we are after a tall one
We're getting one. 6'5 and 88KG's . Goes by the name Dan McStay. You'd better learn to live with it because it's happening.I'm willing to go ALL In on him kicking more goals in 2023 than Mihocek.
Pebbles Rocks

Post by Pebbles Rocks »

Pies4shaw wrote:https://www.afl.com.au/news/851943/giants-reveal-trade-wish-for-hill-tigers-to-take-a-bit-of-work-

Jaosn McCartney, the Football Manager at GWS, says he's been speaking with Graham Wright over the last 10 days and that he's "not expecting any trouble getting a deal done this year". They want a second-round pick, it seems.
our second round pick this year will be at about #40 so that seems fair
"You must be a parking ticket, cuz you got fine written all over you" Glen Quagmire
WhyPhilWhy?
Been liked: 23 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Still begging for a highlights reel to the tune of Yakety Sax
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

Pebbles Rocks wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:https://www.afl.com.au/news/851943/giants-reveal-trade-wish-for-hill-tigers-to-take-a-bit-of-work-

our second round pick this year will be at about #40 so that seems fair
Dont think we have a second round pick at this stage. #42, #47, #48 provisionally...
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
piffdog
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by piffdog »

Haff wrote: Add Mitchell for a second rounder and we are top 4 with hopefully less close games next season!
And maybe the Hawks paying us the same as what we're paying Melbourne? That would neatly cancel things out - perhaps we could just get the Hawks to pay Melbourne direct??
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

^ Would save on the accounting. Smart by you.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Welcome to Collingwood, Leon Davis’s cuz! Give him Leon’s old number