Levi Greenwood - selects the Pies

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Pies4shaw wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:I only saw him play in the finals (why would anyone watch North if there was a proper game of football on at the same time?) but I thought he lacked class and was on the slow side. What do others think? I'm not interested in his stats, I'm interested in whether people think he could be a solid, contributing part of the next Collingwood premiership team.
I watched a few North games this year and all the finals. I thought he was exceptional. Tough and hard at the footy, big bodied and great decision making. That said his worst game was the syd game.

He is genuinely touted as a possible B&F winner this year so for mine given the loss of Beams he would be a great addition along with the beams compo.
Thanks for that response, MJ23. Sorry I didn't respond sooner - I missed yours in the flurry. I'm interested in your comment about the Swans game. I may just be marking him down unfairly on that one performance.
He wasn't one of the worst against swans. Had 21 and kicked a goal however the whole team was smashed so we wasn't able to play much if a run and carry game - spent a lot if time defending.
Against essendon though especially when bombers were up and about he was sensational.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
courtza

Post by courtza »

He came 3rd in there f and b, they made it to the prelim, he must be a decent player.

Beams came 3rd in our f and b, to get Greenwood, a ready made strong mid would be a good result me thinks.
melliot

Post by melliot »

He also got voted by the members as the player to encapsulate north ( spirit. Hard work. skill.. yadda yadda).

LOL. I wonder if inspiring to play for the pies is part of that?
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

swoop42 wrote:
scoobydoo wrote:
CarringbushCigar wrote:450k for 4 years is not huge money?

My god what planet do u live on?

Thats 25-30 years on an average wage is it not?

I just hope he fits in with the 'culture'.
Arnt we paying Mason Cox the untried American
500k over 3 yrs? In comparison Levi is getting pittance
Do you mean $500,000 a year or divided over 3 years?

It would have to be the latter.
Yep, about $125k a year
E

Post by E »

i think that the following deal will get done:

Brisbane gives up 5 and 25 for Beams (in my opinion, this is a huge win for Brisbane). We give up 25 for Greenwood (maybe we keep that and give our number 30).
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

E wrote:i think that the following deal will get done:

Brisbane gives up 5 and 25 for Beams (in my opinion, this is a huge win for Brisbane). We give up 25 for Greenwood (maybe we keep that and give our number 30).
Be nice if we could orchestrate pick 30 for Greenwood, would mean we at least upgrade our 2nd round pick, just think North will want more.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

^ i think north will definitely want more. pick 23 may not even be enough.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Presti35
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by Presti35 »

Could this work?

Pick 23 and pick 30 to North.

Greenwood and Mullett and pick 36 to Collingwood.

(Of course this means we'd have to deal pick 23 from Dees first).
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Siceman

Post by Siceman »

now rumours he has changed his mind and wants to stay at Norf?
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Siceman wrote:now rumours he has changed his mind and wants to stay at Norf?
WTF
Where are these rumours ??
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Little Wonder

Post by Little Wonder »

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, I think sometimes we try too hard to get the utopian deal and meantime the players get sick of the haggling and get better offers. This seems like it might be the case with Greenwood and was probably why Clark chose the cats
CarringbushCigar
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by CarringbushCigar »

Siceman wrote:now rumours he has changed his mind and wants to stay at Norf?
geez i hope so 450k for 4 years was horribly wrong and smacked of desperation

maybe we are slowly withdrawing
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Little Wonder wrote:A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, I think sometimes we try too hard to get the utopian deal and meantime the players get sick of the haggling and get better offers. This seems like it might be the case with Greenwood and was probably why Clark chose the cats
Not too sure as yet about Levi Greenwood but I share your views about the reason we lost Clark from choosing us. We piss farted around too much.
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Lazza wrote:
Little Wonder wrote:A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, I think sometimes we try too hard to get the utopian deal and meantime the players get sick of the haggling and get better offers. This seems like it might be the case with Greenwood and was probably why Clark chose the cats
Not too sure as yet about Levi Greenwood but I share your views about the reason we lost Clark from choosing us. We piss farted around too much.
According to....
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

it was reported in one of the dailies that we took a long time to complete the due dilligence and get back to clark. in that time, he wandered over to geelong.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.